Thousands of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy students, exhibitors and business leaders attended the 2017 NCPA Annual Convention in Orlando, FL. AmerisourceBergen’s booth at the convention included a government affairs kiosk where convention attendees could stop by to learn about the state and federal government affairs and advocacy work AmerisourceBergen is conducting in collaboration with the pharmacy community. Thank you to all of the pharmacy professionals and students who stopped by our booth and our government affairs kiosk during the event!
P4 pharmacy student, Edward, gets a jump on his advocacy efforts with Beth Mitchell, Director Government Affairs, AmerisourceBergen.
A special thank you to U.S. Congressman Buddy Carter (R-GA), the only pharmacist in Congress, and Karry LaViolette, Vice President of Government Affairs for NCPA, who stopped by the AmerisourceBergen booth to talk about key priorities for independent pharmacies: fair reimbursement, access to patients and provider status.
From left to right: Karry Laviolette, VP Government Affairs for NCPA, Beth Mitchell, Director Government Affairs for AmerisourceBergen, Congressaman Buddy Carter (R-GA), and John Benske, Director State Government Affairs for AmerisourceBergen at the 2017 NCPA Annual Convention.
Finally, we'd like to offer our congratulations to all of the community pharmacists and students who received awards and recognition during the NCPA convention:
• Lynn Connelly – NCPA 2017 Willard B. Simmons Independent Pharmacist of the Year
• Andrew Finney – NCPA 2017 Outstanding Adherence Practitioner of the Year
• Trenton Jenks – NCPA Prescription Drug Safety Award
• David Clark – NARD Ownership Award
• Ernest Boyd – John W. Dargavel Medal
• University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Winner of the 2017 Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition
• University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy – NCPA Student Chapter of the Year