AmerisourceBergen and Good Neighbor Pharmacy are asking their members in Texas to contact Texas State Representatives by 12:00PM am, Wednesday, May 5th, 2021 to urge support for HB 678.
- This important legislation would authorize pharmacists to provide and administer all immunizations recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (CDC/ACIP) or emergency use vaccines authorized or approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), such as those for COVID-19.
- Texas pharmacists play an instrumental role in vaccine administration, including providing access to COVID-19 vaccinations as part of the state’s pandemic response, and we need your help to ensure that this critical legislation gets passed.
- HB 678 is expected to be voted on by the full Texas House later in the week, and we are members to WRITE AND/OR CALL your Texas State Representative and ask him/her to support HB 678 by following the steps below.
Send a letter:
- Follow this LINK to NACDS Rx Impact Action Center and then fill in your information in the dialogue box on the right-hand side.
- Once completed, you may send a pre-drafted letter urging action from your state elected official.
- We strongly encourage you to take the time to edit and personalize the letter, to let your state representative know why this legislation is important to you, your pharmacy, and your patients.
Call Your State Representative:
- Input the ADDRESS & ZIP CODE OF YOUR OF YOUR HOME OR GNP STORE HERE (Chrome and Firefox browsers work best).
- Once completed, select your Texas State Representative from the search results. Please DO NOT select your U.S. Representative, U.S. Senator, or Texas State Senator – You must identify your Texas State Representative or you will not reach the correct office.
- Click through to Find Your State Representative’s Phone Number on his/her home page.
- Call Your State Representative’s Office and make the “ask” using the talking points/phone script below:
Hello - my name is YOUR NAME HERE and I am an independent, community pharmacist who works at/owns NAME & LOCATION OF PHARMACY, which serves patients in your district.
- As a registered pharmacist and as your constituent, I am calling you today to urge your support for House Bill 678, legislation addressing vaccine authorization for Texas pharmacists.
- This important measure will help improve access to vaccines for patients in your district and all across Texas.
- HB 678 also benefits independent community pharmacists like me, allowing us to better serve our patients and protect our communities from serious illnesses.
- Vaccines, including those authorized by the FDA to treat Covid-19, can be safely and effectively administered by licensed pharmacists, and HB 678 will help to ensure timely, effective disease prevention, and save lives, especially in rural and underserved communities in Texas.
- For these reasons, I encourage you to vote “YES” on HB 678 should it up for a vote in the House.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
If you have questions, or need help please email Chris Johnson, Manager of State Government Affairs at AmerisourceBergen, at Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-655-6549.