Good Neighbor Pharmacy and Elevate Provider Network are in full support of HB 1919— Texas legislation to regulate PBMs and protect independent community pharmacists and their patients. We are asking independent pharmacists to contact their Texas state senator and urge them to vote YES on HB 1919.
HB 1919 prevents PBM Patient “Steering” Practices that require, or pressure patients to use the PBMs’ wholly owned or affiliate pharmacy to fill a prescription. The bill is expected to be voted on soon by the full Texas senate, and we are asking that you please call your Texas state senator and urge them to vote YES on HB 1919 by following the steps below:
Step 1: Input the ADDRESS & ZIP CODE OF YOUR OF YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS HERE (Chrome and Firefox browsers work best). Once completed, select your Texas State Senator from the search results. Please DO NOT select your U.S. Representative, U.S. Senator, or Texas State Representatives – You must identify your Texas State Senator or you will not reach the correct office.
Step 2: Click through to Find Your State Senator’s Phone Number on his/her home page.
Step 3: Call Your State Senator’s Office and make the “ask” using the talking points/phone script below:
- Hello, my name is YOUR NAME HERE and I am an independent, community pharmacist who works/lives/owns NAME OF PHARMACY, in your district. As a pharmacist and constituent, I am calling you today to urge your support for House Bill 1919.
- Currently, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs)engage in practices that create barriers to fair competition and impede pharmacists’ ability to care for patients.
- PBMs in Texas often require — or pressure — patients to use the PBM’s affiliated pharmacy or mail-order pharmacy services. PBMs also often pay their own affiliate pharmacies more than other independently owned pharmacies and physician practices for the same services, restricting patient choice and stifling fair market competition.
- HB 1919 will STOP patient steering and improve access to critical medications—especially in rural and underserved areas in Texas. It will also help to ensure a fairer healthcare marketplace and increased patient choice in Texas.
- As your constituent and as a pharmacist in Texas, I encourage you to support Texas patients, community pharmacists, independent doctors, and the small businesses they operate by voting “YES” on HB 1919.
If you have questions or need help please email Chris Johnson, Manager of State Government Affairs at AmerisourceBergen at Christian.email@example.com call 202-655-6549.